I enjoyed doing “11 things” so much last year that I thought I would extend it to this year and call it “12 things.” I will refrain from making any “rules” about it other than posting on the 12th day each month.
While I want to be random or do ones with themes, I can’t promise that I won’t talk about running. Simply put, 12 things will be whatever I want it to be – a list of 12 things. For my second 12 things list this year (my first was going to be my last), I give you this, in no particular order.
1. While I like upsets and good stories, I’ll be rooting for the Patriots this weekend. Please don’t think that means I hate Jesus.
2. I am about 2 months away from being able to get rid of my Blackberry. It was a cool phone initially, but I have grown to really despise a lot of things on it.
3. I started the 100 push-ups program again. Don’t ask how many times this is.
4. My son told me the other day that his poop looked like a Christmas tree. I should have taken a picture … because it did look like a Christmas tree.
5. I’ve had three salads this week.
6. I’m hooked on Words with Friends, so it may be a good thing that I only have a Blackberry right now.
7. Rumor has it that Dave Matthews Band and Steve Lillywhite are in the studio together again. This could go two ways — the best album ever, or no album at all. There will likely be no in between.
8. “The Big Bang Theory” makes me wish I knew more about science.
9. For those who you complaining about the lack of cold and snow this winter, please don’t complain if we get the biggest snow storm ever in the next month.
10. I keep thinking about shaving my beard, then I remember how much I hate shaving. I haven’t even trimmed it in nearly 3 weeks.
11. I usually delete the Runner’s World quote of the week, but I keep thinking about this week’s quote from Desiree Davila and how it can apply to me: “Running is just you, the work you put in, and the clock. You can’t cheat yourself. If you don’t put in the miles, you can’t go to the starting line thinking you’re going to pull a miracle out of nowhere. You get out exactly as much as you put in.”
12. I need more 12 things ideas …